Executive Certificate in Commercial Real Estate Finance, Investment, and Development
Register and Apply
Early Bird Discount – Make Payment Before July 16 for a 10% Discount
Who should consider the program?
- Individuals looking to gain a comprehensive understanding of the real estate industry.
- Professionals interested in obtaining enhanced knowledge in a specific real estate discipline or specialization.
- Managers and leaders from all fields related to real estate planning and development.
- 8-month program, comprised of six-monthly modules (note: classes not in session December-January)
- Each module is offered once per year
- The first module begins annually in September
- Flexibility to finish over an extended period of time (once a student begins, they have five-years to complete the program)
- Each module has four class sessions that are held on Wednesday evenings from 5-8 p.m. on the UNLV campus
“The Lied Center for Real Estate at UNLV has a track record for bringing valuable educational and professional development opportunities for real estate professionals interested in taking their careers to the next level. The Executive Certificate in Commercial Real Estate, Finance, Investment, and Development provides another resource that will allow participants to build a strong foundation in the real estate industry in a relatively short amount of time.”– Jeff Jacobs, President of Logic Commercial Real Estate
Core Curriculum and Timeline
All courses are assigned Continuing Education Units (CEUs). The following core courses are required for successful completion of the Executive Certificate Program in Commercial Real Estate Finance, Investment and Development.
- September – Real Estate Economics and Market Analysis
- October – Legal Acts of Real Estate
- November – Real Estate Development
- February – Property and Asset Management
- March – Construction Management
- April – Commercial Real Estate, Finance and Investments
Note: The Lied Center for Real Estate is committed to providing a diverse and updated portfolio of courses and reserves the right to change these course selections in future years.
Lied Center for Real Estate’s certificate program is directed and led by Dr. Vivek Sah, Director of the Lied Center for Real Estate, who teaches courses along with other notable UNLV faculty and prominent industry leaders and experts. This program prides itself on the professional impacts it provides with the qualified individuals who ensure program quality for all who register.
“Hurray for the Lied Center for Real Estate at UNLV! As a graduate of UNLV I have been waiting a long time for a program like this to become available. A successful Commercial Real Estate career in Southern Nevada is now in reach for students who have been looking for a better pathway into this exciting field. This professional certificate program will provide an accelerated learning curve into the many facets of Commercial Real Estate along with important access to industry leaders. I am very excited to see more bright minds find their way into this great industry.“– Mike Mixer, Executive Managing Director and co-founder of the Colliers International Las Vegas office
- Targets industry professionals within the commercial real estate industry
- In-person modules and courses are created to maximize interactive learning, as well as are fast-paced and incorporate various teaching methods
- Small class sizes that are capped at 20 students
- Courses are taught by highly qualified UNLV faculty and Commercial Real Estate industry leaders
- Assessment component ensures program quality
“Providing educational resources for professionals who are looking to excel in their industry is an important part of Lee Business School’s mission. Lied Center for Real Estate’s executive certificate program is not only a great example of this, it also connects professionals with leaders in the industry as part of a program that can be completed in a very short period of time. The center is a resource to our community that is proven, trusted, and an important element of a growing university.”– Gerry Sanders, Dean UNLV Lee Business School
- At time of registration – you will be asked to pay $100. This will secure your spot with the program and be deducted from the full tuition cost below.
- Program Tuition: $4,250
- The program fee covers all course materials, parking on UNLV campus, and refreshments.
- Fee reductions are available for qualified applicants.
- Full tuition must be paid by August 15th – payment plans are provided.
- Registration starts May 1, 2021 | Registration deadline August 16, 2021
Lied Center for Real Estate industry partners receive discounts as part of their membership benefits. Find out if your firm is an industry partner, and if it is, please contact Shelby Dunscomb at email@example.com to confirm you have the latest discount code. Please use this code when you register, as discounts cannot be applied retroactively.
Prerequisites: None. This program is accessible and open to all industry professionals.